Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Arshi OS- Euphoria

Arshi OS- Euphoria


"Euphoria
Take my hands now
You are the cause of my euphoria
Euphoria
Close the door now
When I'm with you I'm in utopia"
---*---
What should I do?
What would Maa want me to do?
I turned my gaze to my right side, where my pregnant wife stood; fatigued. On the other hand, on my left, stood my sister, her eyes scarlet from weeping.
"Tell me Chhote!" My sister, Anjali, demanded, her voice raucous from the constant crying.
I turned to scrutinise my wife, Khushi, her eyes supplicating and screaming: "Don't do this to me!"
"Chhote! Answer me! Will you sacrifice your to-be newborn and give him to me?" She asked.
"I want your child Chhote! You know that I can never be a mother again, after everything which has happened, so please let me take your child! I promise to nurture it like my own!" Anjali pleaded.
I could feel Khushi's eyes widening and I could hear the small sounds of sobbing, which were coming out of her petite frame.
"P...Please d...Don't d...Do...this A...Arnavji." Khushi squeaked, faltering her words.
Again, we were back to square one. Anjali or Khushi?
On one hand stood my sister Anjali, who had brought me up after my mother's death. The sister who became my mother. But for the same sister, I had done everything in my power to buy whatever she pleased. The same sister who was pampered by every single person from my family.
Antagonistically, stood my wife, my better half, my soul-mate. The girl who had sacrificed her dreams for my family. The girl who loved and spread happiness wherever she went. The girl who was selfless. The girl who I loved.
Who do I choose?
My pampered, demanding sister or my selfless, giving wife?
"I choose You." I declared. Anjali's eyes lit up as Khushi looked down, clutching her stomach protectively - silently refusing to give away our unborn.
The light from Anjali's eyes instantly began to fade as she saw me turning and giving my hand to Khushi, who gawked at me in surprise.
"I choose you, Khushi."
I read her eyes questioning why I had chosen her. Lightly grabbing her hand I claimed loud and clear ; "You are the cause of my euphoria. I love you and I'm not leaving your hand."
I saw how my family looked proud at my decision I caressed my wife's hand and walked away from my so-called home...

1 comment: