Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Khushi and Aarav OS ~~ Meri Maa

Khushi and Aarav OS ~~ Meri Maa



Background: Based on Aarav's and Khushi's insecurities after the Sheetal fiasco.
***********************************************************************************************
Meri Maa....
"Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin 
Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa 
Yun To Main, Dikhlata Nahin 
Teri Parwaah Karta Hoon Main Maa 
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Hain Na Maa 
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Meri Maa..."
{"I never tell, 
But I'm afraid of the dark, oh mother 
I don't show it, 
But I care for you, oh mother 
You know it all, don't you, mother? 
You know it all my mother..."}
************************************************************************************
"Arnavji, Aarav kya hume pasand nahin Kartein? Hum kya usse tang kartein hain?"
{"Arnavji, does Aarav not like me? Do I annoy him?"}
Khushi asked, resting her head on her possessive husband's muscular shoulder.
"No Khushi! Why do you think that?" Arnav asked shocked at the sudden question. 
Her hazel orbs looked up. Fear, hurt and insecurity reflecting within them.
"Then why doesn't he call me "maa"? It's been two weeks since we've adopted him and he gets along with everyone except me. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? Arnavji I really want a mother-son relationship with Aarav. He is my my son. He has accepted you as a father then why can't he accept me as his mother? What am I lacking?"  Khushi voiced out, her eyes moist with tears which were threatening to fall out any second.
"Oh baby!" Arnav exclaimed pulling Khushi into a tight hug. 
"Jaan, maybe he needs time. We shouldn't rush him. If you want, I can talk to him. But the best solution would be if we let him come to you. By himself, with his own will. What say? I'm sure that very soon he'll accept you!"
Nodding, Khushi gave her light smile, pulling out of the hug and have Arnav a tight peck on the cheeks.
The two smiled,staring into each other's eyes, not noticing two figures who had heard the whole conversation between the lovey dovey couple...
******************************************
NK was walking along the house, looking for Aarav. As expected, Aarav was in his room, drawing. 
Knocking for the sake of courtesy, NK stood by the door and waited for Aarav to turn around. Hearing the sudden knock, Aarav hurriedly slammed his book shut and looked up to see that NK was waiting by the door.
"Hey NK Mamaa! What's up?" Aarav said, trying to calm down his racing heartbeats.
"Hey buddy! Nothing much. I just wanted to talk to you. Are you busy?"
Aarav nodded a "no" and gestured NK to come and sit by him.
"I'm not gonna beat round the bush Aarav. Can I ask you a question? Do you accept everyone in this family as your own?" Aarav immediately nodded his head vigorously.
"Even Khushiji?" 
Aarav slightly paled.
So NK Mamaa was here to talk about that? 

"Aarav, I had overheard a conversation between Khushiji and Nanav. Khushiji is insecure. She's noticed that you have accepted everyone in the family but she thinks you haven't accepted her. Aarav, she's your mother. She's dying to hear you call her "Maa". What's stopping you from accepting her?" NK asked the miniature kid who was sitting besides him. 
"I have accepted her." His feeble voice echoed in NK's ears.
"What? Aarav how have you accepted her when you don't even call her your mother?" To say that NK was confused would be an understatement.
What riddles is this lad speaking? NK thought to himself.
"I've accepted Khushi aunty as my maa but two things are always holding me back from calling her "Maa". Each time I want to go to her and hug her, call her "maa" and express my love to her, those two things always hold me back." Aarav explained his eyes slightly turning moist.
"Which two things Aarav? You know you can trust me. Tell me." NK urged his nephew.
"The guilt and fear."
"Guilt and fear? Of what?" This young boy was surely making NK confused beyond control.
"Guilt because of the amount of times I've hurt and insulted her. When I came with Sheetal, I have always insulted her. I always hurt her no matter what. I always taunted her for no reason. The guilt of hurting her haunts me! I never intended to hurt her but I still did. 
The fear is because I don't want to get hurt again. What if she also leaves me like Sheetal? What if she decides that she doesn't want me? Or what if she doesn't want me as her son? I don't want to get close to someone and get hurt!" Aarav cried as NK pulled him onto his lap, slightly hugging him.
NK couldn't believe that Aarav felt like that! Never had he seen someone other than Khushi so pure hearted. It just proved the fact that;
Children were definitely God's most innocent creatures.
Aarav is so mature for his age! Is he really only six years of age? So selfless? Well I guess it is Time to put this lads insecurities to rest! Thought NK.
"She'll forgive you. And she'll NEVER hurt you. I know Khushiji; she's the most down to earth person you'll ever meet. You'll definitely fall in love with her. And she understands your situation perfectly. Khushiji's parents passed away when she was only 8! Since then she's been living with her maternal aunt. She learned to adjust and accepted her aunt and uncle as her parents. Aarav believe me, Khushi really loves you. If she didn't, then there would have been no way that she would have considered to adopt you! Aarav, take my advise and go to her. Tell her how much she means to you! All she wants is you to call her your mother. Shower your love on her champ. Trust me, Khushiji loves you!"
"Really? Even after everything?" Aarav asked still wanting assurance.
"Yes! She's the most clean hearted person you'll ever come across. Just speak from the heart!" NK smiled.
"I've made her this. I also overheard Maa and Dad's talk. I made this for her to express my feelings."
Aarav took out a hand made card which had a picture of Khushi in the middle. Around the picture, it said "I love you Maa" in Aaravs handwriting.
"Go! Go and show her! Go Aarav!" NK urged and Aarav nodded quickly, smiling. He rushed out of the room in order to tell his mother how much he loves her.
Back in the room, NK gave himself a pat on the back. Mission accomplished NK! Well done!
***********************************************
Khushi was in her bedroom watching her favorite tv show when Aarav had barged into the room. 
"Aarav? Did you need anything dear?" Khushi asked closing the tv, focusing her attention to Aarav.
"This is for you", he said handing her the card. 
Confused at the sudden gesture, Khushi opened the card to read:
"Today is not Mother's Day
Nor is it your birthday
Today is not your anniversary
But this poem is very necessary
You manage different roles, not just a mother
You are a decision maker and a protector
Kudos to you for being so awesome
You are the reason my life blossoms
I love you
I might have always been
Very nonchalant with you
A little too laid-back
And least bothered too
My attitude may have sucked
For I never cared enough
I have given you anxiety
And a time in your life, so tough
But that's just how life's situations
Had made things out to be
Don't let that ever make you think
That you aren't the world's best mommy
I love you 
Thank you maa and I'm sorry for hurting you! I really love you!"
By the end, Khushi had tears streaming down her face. Without another word, Khushi was pulled into a hug by Aarav who whispered the four words which Khushi was dying to hear.
"I love you Maa..."
"I love you Maa. I love you so much! I'm so sorry for every bad behavior I kept with you. I'm  sorry. But I truly love you maa! I love you!"
"I love you too Aarav! I love you so much my darling! You have no idea on how desperate I was to hear this from you! Thank you beta! Thank you for fulfilling my wish!"
"No, Thank you Maa! I love you more!"
Pulling back into another hug, the mother and son duo heard another voice behind them.
"Forgotten about me?!"
The turned to look at Arnav who was smiling widely, leaning against the door.
Extending a hand, Khushi gestured Arnav to join to which he gladly agreed. 
Finally the mother and son were united and the Raizada family had their own awesome threesome family....
************************************************************************************

1 comment: